Updated message from DHS
Direct Pay Unit Updated Fax Number for Provider Payment
DPU recently implemented a new process for Child Care Providers to fax their child care billing forms that may enhance the turnaround time for payment. The following fax number is for billing forms only and will not go to DPU. The billing form will go directly into work flow for payment. For a successful fax in this new process, the child care provider should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Use the correct fax number: 503-373-1580 (billings only please!)
- Fax a single billing form once. Do not fax the same billing form multiple times. Do not fax and mail the same billing form. Computer system will not process if the voucher is entered more than one time.
- If you have multiple families, you may fax them all as one fax. Any billing form that has missing information will not process for payment and may need to be returned to the provider.
- Be sure your billing form is complete, includes # hours provided for each child, billing rate is checked either hourly or monthly for each child, and your total charge is entered for each child, provider and parent signature. If the billing form is incomplete, it will be returned to you.
- Be aware of the quality of your fax machine. Faxes must come through legible and complete.
- Faxing any other documents to this number will not be seen or processed by DPU. This is strictly a billing form fax number
You may still use the US Post office for mailing your documents. Direct Pay Unit, PO Box 14850, Salem, Oregon, 97309-0850.
Providers may call the Automated Payment Line at 1-800-442-6451 to see if the payment has processed.